Friday, May 16, 2014

Hajime No Ippo

 


Hello everyone I'm Amateur Otaku and the manga I am going to talk my ever first sports manga called "Hajime no Ippo" written and ilustrated by George Morikawa.  The plot of this manga follows Ippo Makunouchi, a shy and bullied who one day is saved by Takamura Mamouru, a boxer who was running when the bullies attacked.  He then brought him to his gym and got him to hit a sandbag and when Takamura taught him a way to punch better, he punched the sandbag so hard it flew in an upward arc.  Then after that we see Ippo's journey into learning how to box and seeing all the people he meets on the way.  I originally found out about this series by my brother suggesting me to watch the anime series and i loved it.  I honestly consider this one of the best mangas ever and one of my favorites.  The characters, the story and the comedy are all awesome.  And since this is a sport manga, there will be a bunch of training arcs that are very realistic.  But the best thing about this manga are the fight scenes, though I will say that they are pretty bloody, they are all great and incredible.  I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoy sports, manga or boxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment